Monday, January 08, 2018

500 Miles

"How do you dare to unearth the dead ones? How could you do that?", that's like a million dollar question I am asking myself about my own blog. I haven't posted on this blog in so long that I had forgotten that I had a blog even. But as every post that tries to make the blog new one, I wanted to announce a new year with a great news and that is the publication of my first book 500 Miles.





Probably I wouldn't divulge much about the book here as I would prefer readers to read it and give me honest feedback. It has been a long journey to publish this book and over last few years, I struggled to even comprehend that I was writing a book. I doubted many times, I have received amazing support from my friends and family to continue to write. One thing that stuck in mind during this writing process, is to write anything and everything. May be that's why I say 

"I don't have opinions about anything and everything, but my characters do." 

The idea to write book came from the paintings by artist Bijay Biswal, which you can check out at Indian Railways.

These paintings capture the essence of Indian train stations, the work by Bijay Biswal is so real that it brings life to forefront. I couldn't resist, but find my own inspiration in these paintings to write a book about people and characters that I have watched through out my train journeys. I hope that I have done justice to my characters. I enjoyed writing these stories, I hope you enjoy them reading too. Any feedback will be appreciated. 



No comments: